Jila Noori, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Special Clinical/Surgical Interests
- Uveitis (infectious and non-infectious)
- Macular Degeneration
- Macular Diseases
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- MD: Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran, 1999
- Residency: Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran, 2002-2006
- Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship: Farabi Eye Hospital,Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran, 2009-2011
- Research Fellowship: Department of Ophthalmology and Plastic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 2014-2017
- Medical Retinal Fellowship: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami Miller school of Medicine, Miami, FL, 2017-2018
- Uveitis Fellowship: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, 2018-2020
Dr. Noori earned her medical degree and completed her ophthalmology residency and a vitreoretinal fellowship at the Tehran (Iran) University of Medical Sciences. She practiced in Iran as a comprehensive ophthalmologist between her residency and fellowship.
After fellowship, she served for two years on the retinal faculty at Farabi Eye Hospital at the Tehran University of Medical Sciences. From 2014 to 2017, she was a retina research fellow at the University of Pittsburgh, where Dr. Andrew Eller was her primary mentor. Dr. Noori has also completed uveitis and medical retina fellowships at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute/University of Miami (Florida), where she was mentored by Drs. Janet Davis and Philip Rosenfeld.
Dr. Noori’s three siblings are physicians in either practice or training in New York City, Los Angeles, and Toronto, Ontario.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Association of Research and Vision in Ophthalmology
Honors and Awards
Best Basic Science Presentation, Whole Eye Allograft Transplantation and Immunosuppression: Survival of the Transplanted Rodent Eye Using Tacrolimus Monotherapy. Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgery. Cleveland, OH. Podium Presentation, 2018.
Best Overall Paper and the George Manstein Award, Assessment of Retinochoroidal Circulation Using Fluorescein Angiography in Rodent Whole Eye Transplantation Model. Robert H. Ivy Pennsylvania Society of Plastic Surgeons, Hershey, PA, 2018.
Second Place Basic Science Paper, Whole Eye Transplantation: Effects in the Unoperated Eye. The Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons 60th Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA, 2017.
JK Hardesty MD Best Poster Award, Study of the Retina and Optic Nerve Using Optical Coherence Tomography, Manganese-Enhanced MRI, and Electroretinography after Whole Eye Transplantation. Poster Presentation, Plastic Surgery Research Council, Durham, NC, 2017.
- Extension Study of NT-501 Ciliary Neurotrophic Factor (CNTF) Implant for Macular Telangiectasia (MacTel)-sub-investigator
- Assessment of the anti-inflammatory effects of Norflo Oro in acute relapses of HLA-B27 associated autoimmune uveitis-sub-investigator
- Adalimumab vs. Conventional Immunosuppression for Uveitis Trial (ADVISE)-sub-investigator
- OCT Angiography findings in uveitis patients, University of Miami
- Detection and Monitoring of Retinal Vasculitis by OCT Angiography, University of Miami
- Longitudinal Choroidal Thickness Evaluation in Birdshot Chorioretinopathy, University of Miami
- Gene Mutations in Autoimmune Retinopathy, University of Miami
- Choroidal Evaluation in Age-related Macular Degeneration by OCT Angiography, University of Miami
- Whole Eye transplantation, A Viable Animal Model, University of Pittsburgh