Ben J. Harvey, MD
Clinical Associate Professor
- BS: Biology (summa cum laude), Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, 2003
- MD: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine, Lubbock, TX, 2007
- Internship: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Dept. of Internal Medicine, Amarillo, TX, 2007–2008
- Residency: Dean McGee Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK, 2008–2011
- Fellowship: Glaucoma Fellow, University of Miami Health Systems, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 2011–2012
A native of Texas, Dr. Harvey earned his undergraduate (summa cum laude) and medical (Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society) degrees from Texas Tech University, where he also served his internship. He completed his residency at DMEI/OU and served as a glaucoma fellow (2011–2012) at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
He is very active in the state and national ophthalmologic communities. Dr. Harvey is a 2016 graduate of the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s Leadership Development Program and is currently president of the Oklahoma Academy of Ophthalmology.
He and his wife, Leigh, a physical therapist, have three children.