Ben J. Harvey, MD
Clinical Associate Professor
- BS: Biology (summa cum laude), Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, 2003
- MD: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine, Lubbock, TX, 2007
- Internship: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Dept. of Internal Medicine, Amarillo, TX, 2007–2008
- Residency: Dean McGee Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK, 2008–2011
- Fellowship: Glaucoma Fellow, University of Miami Health Systems, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 2011–2012
Dr. Harvey is a glaucoma specialist and clinical associate professor on the Dean McGee Eye Institute (DMEI)/University of Oklahoma (OU) Department of Ophthalmology faculty. In his practice, he enjoys building a relationship with his patients and helping them maintain their vision and improve their quality of life. He joined the glaucoma service in March 2019.
He earned his undergraduate (summa cum laude) and medical (Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society) degrees from Texas Tech University and completed his residency at DMEI/ OU, followed by a glaucoma fellowship at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute of the Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
Dr. Harvey is very active in the state and national ophthalmologic communities. He served as president of the Oklahoma Academy of Ophthalmology (OAO) from 2017 to 2020, and is a graduate of the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s Leadership Development Program. In 2019 and 2020, Dr. Harvey was recognized as a member of the “Forty Under 40” by the Oklahoma Gazette (2019) and Oklahoma Magazine (2020) as an influential individual under age 40 who have made significant contributions to the city and state.
Dr. Harvey and his wife Leigh, who is a physical therapist, have three children, Dane, Boyd, and Layla.