Nancy A. Lambert, BCO
Clinical Instructor; Director, Ocular Prosthetic Service
Special Clinical/Surgical Interests
- Surgical Implants
- Scleral Shell Prosthesis
- Pediatric Retinoblastoma
- Master Ocularist, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Apprenticeship program under Cecil F. Webb, BADO, BCO, FASO, 1978–1983
- American Society of Ocularist Board-Approved Diplomate, 1983
- National Examining Board of Ocularists Certificate, 1992
- Further education through annual seminars at the Academy of Ophthalmology and semiannual American Society of Ocularist meetings
Over the past 40 years, Nancy Lambert has mastered the art of reproducing iris colors to match the companion eyes of her beloved patients with stunning depth and life-like characteristics. She is dedicated to treating children with a focus on retinoblastoma cases, and she has proven success with the expansion of contracted eye sockets.
Born in Etobicoke, a municipality of Ontario, Canada, Nancy married her husband, Glen, after going into private practice. Together, they have three children, two of whom were raised in Oklahoma. Her son is a music educator in Edmond, and her daughter a Boston University law student. They also have a son who lives in Ontario where he works as a carpenter.
- American Society of Ocularists
- National Examining Board of Ocularists
Honors and Awards
- Editor of the Directory of Ocularists in North America, 1985-1988
- Admissions Committee, American Society of Ocularists, 1999-2004
- Fabrication Chairperson for National Examining Board of Ocularists, 2004-2018
- Influence of the Direction of Eye Turn on the Appearance of Strabismus. Optometry and Vision Science. May 2011.