Jeremy F. Tan, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
- Complicated reconstruction of the periocular region from traumas or excision of neoplastic processes.
- Functional and cosmetic rejuvenation of the periocular region with particular interest in the anatomy of the Asian eyelid.
- Management of orbital and nasolacrimal disease such as Thyroid Eye Disease, orbital fractures, orbital tumors, nasolacrimal duct obstructions with multidisciplinary viewpoint.
- Pediatric oculoplastic problems including congenital ptosis, craniosynostosis syndromes, and nasolacrimal duct abnormalities.
- Management of wound healing and cicatricial changes.
- Undergraduate: University of Delaware (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, and Phi Kappa Phi)
- MD: Temple University (Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society)
- Residency: Dean McGee Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
- Fellowship: Ophthalmic Surgeons and Consultants of Ohio, Ohio State University, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, and Ohio Health Systems
Dr. Tan, who is a native of New Jersey, earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Delaware with a Bachelor of Fine Arts with a concentration in ceramics and minor in Biology. Honors included summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, and Phi Kappa Phi. He completed his medical studies at Temple University in Philadelphia, where he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, and his ophthalmology residency at DMEI/OU. During the 2015-2016 academic year, Dr. Tan served in outstanding fashion as chief resident. He completed his fellowship in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery with Ophthalmic Surgeons and Consultants of Ohio in Columbus, Ohio, with affiliation to the Ohio State University, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, and Ohio Health Systems.
Dr. Tan is a first-generation American, born of immigrant parents from the Philippines with ethnic roots in Southeastern China. He enjoys spending time with his wife and children and exploring the surprisingly diverse and thriving culinary scene in Oklahoma City.