Paying for Surgery
When you schedule a procedure at the McGee Eye Surgery Center, a predetermined fee is charged for each type of procedure, thus providing a reasonably accurate estimate of your cost in advance. The fee for the surgery center, the surgeon, and the anesthesiologist are separate.
When You Arrive
- Please bring your insurance card and photo I.D. with you.
- You will be asked to pay deductibles and estimated co-insurance prior to surgery.
- If we are unable to verify your insurance, you will be asked to make a deposit the day of the surgery.
- Uninsured and/or cash patients will be required to pay for services the day of surgery.
- Visa, Discover, American Express, and MasterCard are accepted.
- Patients who carry health insurance should remember that professional services are rendered to the patient and not the insurance company.
- We will bill your insurance company as a courtesy. However, McGee Eye Surgery Center cannot accept the responsibility for collecting your insurance claim or for negotiating a settlement on any disputed claim. You are responsible for any balance due and payment will be required from you unless your insurance company pays within 60 days.
- We will cooperate with third-party carriers to the fullest in handling questions about your claim.
- We will provide you with status reports regarding your account in the form of monthly statements.
- In the event of any overpayment, we will promptly refund the amount of overpayment.
It is our hope that this mutual effort will result in our account being cleared in the timely way specified and in a way which is satisfactory to you.