James C. O’Brien, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
- BS: University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX
- MD: University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, TX
- Residency: Dean McGee Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
- Fellowship: Dean McGee Eye Institute, Department of Neuro-Ophthalmology, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK, 2017-2018
Dr. O’Brien is a native of Texas and earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin and his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, where he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He completed his internship at Houston Methodist Hospital, followed by a residency in ophthalmology at DMEI/OU. He served in outstanding fashion as chief resident during 2016 – 2017. He also completed a neuro-ophthalmology fellowship at DMEI/OU in 2017 – 2018.
Dr. O’Brien was chosen as one of Oklahoma Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Young Professional Class of 2022.
Out of the office, Dr. O’Brien volunteers his talents by offering eye exams to underserved communities and enjoys spending time with this wife, daughter, and two dogs.
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- American Board of Ophthalmology