James C. O’Brien, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
- BA: University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX
- MD: University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, TX
- Residency: Dean McGee Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
- Fellowship: Dean McGee Eye Institute, Department of Neuro-Ophthalmology, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK, 2017-2018
Dr. O’Brien is a Texas native, earning his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin. He went on to receive his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, where he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
He completed his internship at Houston Methodist Hospital, followed by a residency in ophthalmology at DMEI/OU. He served in outstanding fashion as Chief Resident during the 2016-2017 calendar year. He also completed a neuro-ophthalmology fellowship at DMEI/OU.
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- American Board of Ophthalmology