David W. Jackson, MD
Clinical Associate Professor
Special Clinical/Surgical Interests
- Premium IOL Technology and Optical Performance
- Helping Patients Reduce Their Need for Glasses and Contact Lenses
- DSAEK/DMEK Corneal Transplants
- Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
- MD: University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, 1997
- Residency: Department of Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 1999–2001
- Fellowship: Cornea, Refractive, and Anterior Segment Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 2001–2002
Dr. Jackson is a veteran with the Dean McGee Eye Institute (DMEI) and is an expert in LASIK surgery, cataract surgery to correct vision and reduce the need for glasses, and post-LASIK cataract surgery.
He was the first ophthalmologist in Oklahoma to perform DSAEK corneal transplantation and is a team ophthalmologist to the OKC Thunder. He is the cataract and refractive surgeon of choice for prominent business leaders, major university football players and coaches, NFL quarterbacks, and NBA players.
Dr. Jackson lectures nationally and internationally and is the author of numerous book chapters and scientific publications. As a clinical associate professor and medical director of DMEI’s Stephenson Refractive Surgery Center, he teaches residents and fellows and contributes to clinical trials advancing the field of ophthalmology.