After surgery you will be moved to our fully-equipped recovery room, where you will remain under close observation by the anesthesiologist and recovery room nurses until you are ready to go home. Your doctor may wish to talk to a family member/friend after your surgery. It is also important for this person to remain in the building.
Your surgeon will provide post-operative instruction regarding diet, rest and medications. The center will provide you with a written summary of these instructions.
Please follow these general instructions after your surgery.
- You must have a responsible adult come with you the day of surgery and remain at the center while you are in surgery.This person will drive you home.
- Plan to have someone stay with you for 24 hours.
Since it is normal to feel drowsy after receiving an anesthetic, we urge you to postpone these activities for 24 hours.
- Operating or driving equipment
- Signing important papers
- Making significant decisions
- Drinking alcoholic beverages
If you have any questions or concerns, please call your surgeon. We will call you following your surgery to see how you're feeling.