Want better vision? Tired of wearing glasses or contacts? Done suffering from dry eyes?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you owe it to yourself to learn what options are available to you. Depending on your situation and specific needs, there may be a surgery or treatment that can help.
Elective services are not medically necessary, but give you a better quality of life, whether that’s getting rid of dry eye irritation, or eliminating your need for reading glasses or contacts. Improve your vision and comfort with one of the many elective services offered at Dean McGee Eye Institute.
Elective Services Can Solve Common Vision Problems
According to the National Eye Institute, the most common vision problems are refractive errors. You may recognize these errors, more commonly known as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
- Nearsightedness, where objects up close can be seen clearly but faraway objects are blurred, has increased in patients in recent years - growing from 25 percent of the population in the 1970s to almost 42 percent in the 2000s. If you are dealing with nearsightedness, many doctors believe it is linked to eye fatigue from computer and smartphone use, coupled with a possible genetic predisposition.
- Farsightedness, on the other hand, is where distant objects can be seen clearly but objects that are close cannot. Farsightedness can be experienced differently depending on the patient. Some people may not notice any problems, while others may notice that objects are blurry at either distance.
- Astigmatism is a vision problem where the eye does not focus light evenly onto the retina. This causes objects and images to appear stretched out and blurry.
On the other hand, dry eye can be a problem as well, causing discomfort. Dry eye may have you experiencing a constant feeling of something in your eye, or gritty and scratchy-feeling eyes.
Whether you’re dealing with impaired vision or the irritation that accompanies dry eyes, there is a way to address your eye problems and help you feel and see better.
Improve Your Eyesight Through Elective Services Today
You can get relief for these vision-affecting conditions. Choose care you can trust – our doctors at Dean McGee Eye Institute can lead you down the path to better vision with one of our elective services:
LASIK Vision Correction
– a surgeon uses a laser to correct for nearsightedness, farsightedness, and/or astigmatism. LASIK is the most popular refractive surgery performed on patients, and provides permanently corrected vision, meaning you can return to performing daily tasks with confidence and ease.
Raindrop® Near Vision Inlay
– a small, transparent, curved disc is placed below the cornea to reshape it and restore near vision. The placement of a Raindrop Near Vision Inlay can completely eliminate your need for reading glasses, and you’ll see results as quickly as within one week.
Premium Cataract Surgery
– cataract surgery with a laser instead of a scalpel plus a choice of lens to reduce dependency on glasses after surgery. This allows us to optimize the results specifically for you, increasing both your vision and your overall satisfaction with the surgery.
LipiFlow ® Dry Eye Treatment
– an FDA-approved treatment for the leading cause of dry eye disease that can provide up to 12 months of relief. This thermal eyelid massage provides heat and pressure to your eyelids to massage out the gland blockages that are causing your dry eye.
You don’t have to accept discomfort or poor vision. Choose relief – request a consultation with Dean McGee Eye Institute today, to improve your eyesight and quality of life.