Dr. Bradford is a Professor of Ophthalmology at the Dean McGee Eye Institute/Department of Ophthalmology of the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City. A native of Texas, she received her undergraduate training at Texas A&M University (magna cum laude) and medical degree with high honors from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. She moved to Oklahoma and completed her ophthalmology training at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
Dr. Bradford has been active in teaching throughout her career. She has authored modules and books to teach ophthalmology to medical students and primary care physicians. She is the Executive Editor for the American Academy of Ophthalmology text, Basic Ophthalmology, which is used to teach students in most medical schools in the United States, and has been translated into both the Chinese and Russian languages. She is the coordinator for medical student and primary care resident education in ophthalmology at OU. She is a member of the AAO Section 11 Basic and Clinical Science Committee responsible for the teaching text on cataract and lens. For over 15 years she has taught the University of Oklahoma ophthalmology residents to perform cataract surgery.
- Interim Secretary for State Affairs for the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Faculty of AAO Leadership Development Program
- Identifies and educates future leaders in ophthalmology
- Associate Examiner of the American Board of Ophthalmology Senior member of the ABO CREW committee
- Composes board questions on comprehensive ophthalmology and cataract surgery
- Medicare Carrier Advisory Committee for Medicare
- Oklahoma ophthalmology representative
- Faculty Advisor, Dean A. McGee Teen volunteer program
- Implantable Miniature Telescope for age-related macular degeneration.
- Past board member of the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma
- Past President of the Oklahoma Academy of Ophthalmology.
Honors and Awards
- Alpha Lambda Delta
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- 1992 Edward and Thelma Gaylord Faculty Honor Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2001 Veteran's Hospital Excellence in Attending Award
- Best Doctors in America 2001-2002
- AAO Honor Award
- AAO Secretariat Award from the Secretary for Quality Care
Dr. Bradford's husband, Reagan, is a retinal surgeon and they live in Edmond. They enjoy visiting Grand Lake with family. They have three sons.